2019 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray will turn some heads. Safety equipment includes: ABS, Xenon headlights, Traction control, Passenger Airbag, Daytime running lights.
The new Corvette is the fastest Corvette ever and the fourth version since the birth of the model in 1953. The previous version came on the market 8 years ago. And of course the new car is more powerful and faster than its predecessor. Under the long hood of the Corvette is now a roaring and flames spouting 6.2-liter V8, which thanks to a supercharger and double fuel injection 766 hp with a top speed of 338 km / h. His four exhausts give a unique, demonic, engine sound, Chevrolet has already applied for a patent. Listen to the accompanying video. The sprint speed to 100 km / h is not yet known, but at least under 3.6 seconds of its predecessor.
The Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is a very striking extreme appearance. This is due to the many carbon fiber elements, cooling openings and the side skirts. Just like the previous Stingray, the new version also has a thick power bulge on the hood. Funny is that the hood does not go over that power bulge. If you start the engine, you will see the bump shaking. They call it a “shaker hood” in the USA.
You can order the Stingray with two aerodynamics packages. With the Low Wing variant the car is faster, with the High Wing option you have more downforce for better driving. Well you get that huge rear wing mounted on your car and we do not find that design so beautiful.
For the 19-inch rims for sitting special Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport P285 / 30Stingray9 tires. The 20-inch rear wheels have standard P335 / 25ZR20 tires. These Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires are necessary to handle the high speeds and downforce forces.
From the inside
The interior has many carbon fiber elements. The sport seats are covered with leather. In general, you can say that the quality level of materials and finishing stays behind what we are used to in Europe of this kind of supercars. Anyway, you do not buy such a car because of its interior design. That only distracts from what really matters here; you need your full attention to control the engine violence.
Under the bonnet of the Corvette Stingray is a 6.2-liter V8 that delivers 766 hp. Shifting is done with a manual 7-speed gearbox or an 8-speed automatic transmission with shifters. With a manual gearbox is wheelspin in the lower gears actually standard.
From the spring of 2018 the first Corvette’s Stingray will roll out of the factory. Then the sales price is also determined. The previous version of the Stingray cost us about 200,000 euros from the factory 8 years ago. Add some extra money and do not forget the Dutch taxes.
2019 White Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Vehicle Info
- Engine: 6.2L V8
- Cylinders: 8
- Fuel Type: Gas
- Transmission: Automatic 8-Speed
- Transmission Type: Automatic
- Drivetrain: RWD
Body & Interior
- Exterior Color: White
- OEM Color Name: Arctic White
- Doors: 2
- Front License Plate Bracket., 2 Doors., 4-wheel ABS brakes.,
- 6.2 liter V8 engine., Bluetooth., Clock – In-radio display.,
- Compass., Cruise control., Cylinder Deactivation.,
- Daytime running lights., Dusk sensing headlights., External temperature display.,
- Interior air filtration., Intermittent window wipers., Passenger Airbag.,
- Power heated mirrors., Privacy/tinted glass., Rear defogger.,
- Rear-wheel drive., Remote power door locks., Stability control.,
- Tachometer., Trip computer., Xenon headlights.,
- Transmission: 8-Speed Paddle Shift w/Auto Modes., Air conditioning with dual zone climate control.,
- Audio controls on steering wheel., Center Console – Full with covered storage.,
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 25 and EPA city (mpg): 15., Keyless Ignition – Doors and push button start.,
- Limited slip differential – Mechanical., Multi-function remote – Trunk/hatch/door/tailgate.,
- Satellite communications – Integrated., Speed-proportional power steering.,
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel., Tire pressure monitoring system.,
- Traction control – ABS and driveline.